Evasion, or how to perform a tongue escape in public
Related work: as far as you can for as long as you can.
Holding out your tongue as far as you can for as long as you can.
AUDIO (4:04), VIDEO (9:02)
Live setup: The live performer tries to last as long as the pre-recorded performance which followed the instructions stated above. The sound on the pre-recorded version consists primarily of sounds from the first performance of this piece in Montréal, 2000. The image on the pre-recorded version comes from a studio recording done at the ORF in Vienna in the Summer of 2001 for the hold, still web and radio project.
– 2013 Brussels (collective performance, Zilver Flotations, Beursschouwburg)
– 2006 Montréal (installation, Galerie de l’UQAM)
– 2003 Ottawa (performance, Gallery 101)
– 2002 Reims (performance, Dimanche des curiosités/Fin de Novembre, Manège de Reims)
– 2002 Baltimore (performance, The Red Room)
– 2002 Brussels (performance, stuttermouthface/Sonic Square, kaaitheaterstudios)
– 2002 Los Angeles (performance, Beyond Sound Festival, Beyond Baroque)
– 2001 Los Angeles (sound and text publication, Writing Aloud: The Sonics of Language)
– 2001 Vienna (web project hold,, still, KunstRadio)
– 2001 Geneva (performance, Festival de la Bâtie)
– 2001 Montréal (screening, Ultrazone.01/micro, Théâtre La Chapelle)
– 2001 Vancouver (screening, disclosures at The Blinding Light)
– 2000 Montréal (performance, l’instant du presbite enculé festival)