2xLP + AIFF + MP3 (320kbps) – Cdn$25
AIFF + MP3 (320kbps) – free
Related page: Fingering (Live)
edition of 300
two holes and a tear
1) edited from a performance on Sunday August 1, 2010 at the Funny Farm in Meaford, Ontario as part of Electric Eclectics 5.
2) edited from a performance on Thursday February 26, 2008 at Zoobizarre in Montreal, organized by Pavilion Projects.
3) edited from a performance on Thursday August 9, 2007 at the Sala Rossa in Montreal.
4) edited from a performance on Thursday October 28, 2004 at the Sala Rossa in Montreal for AlgoRythm(e)s organized by Perte de Signal.
5) recording of a baseboard heater on Friday November 23, 2007 in a hallway of the JPL building at the Banff Center in Banff, Alberta.
6) edited from a performance on Saturday September 17, 2011 at CASJB in Sherbrooke, Québec as part of the Espace [Im]Média festival organized by Sporobole.
7) edited from a studio recording, at the Pines in Montreal on May 16-18, 2007, recorded by Dave Bryant.
8) edited from a telephone performance on Saturday November 12, 2000, aired on WLUW-FM in Chicago for the Outer Ear Festival, hosted by Philip von Zweck.
9) edited from a telephone performance on Saturday November 12, 2000, aired on WLUW-FM in Chicago for the Outer Ear Festival, hosted by Philip von Zweck.
1) it was a sunny Sunday afternoon.
2) opening for the man who makes noise out of putting glass in his mouth.
3) for a small crowd.
4) place was packed.
5) a talkative baseboard heater.
6) making it up as I go along.
7) first dip into this material the rest of which might surface some day.
8) calling from Dumbo, repeating the word fingers for the first half, and the word in for the second.
9) interruption, remaining unannounced both prior and after.
I’ve been using contact microphones to manipulate gutted reel-to-reel machines in my live improvisations since about 1998. At first principally in the context of my work with Alexandre St-Onge in the duo undo, but also in all sorts of other configurations, with the groups: Set Fire to Flames, l’oreille à Vincent, Fly Pan Am, Klaxon Gueule, Mecha Fixes Clock; and with individuals: Tim Hecker, Martin Tétreault, Sam Shalabi, Magali Babin, etc. The Fingering project surveys the solo work with this setup.
Graphic design by Matthew Hoffman based on a concept by cm.
Audio mastering by Harris Newman/Grey Market Mastering.